When was the last time you did something JUST for yourself?
Has your daily routine been too much and you just need time to learn to relax ?
I have been longing to do this post for a very long time. Not only did someone recommend it, But I have been wanting to come up with ideas and tips for a life filled with mindfulness, peacefulness and serenity. The things that create a time for spending some “you” time. At the end of the day I almost (daily) spend some “me” time.
I get home and pop the kettle on, and just do things to let myself rejuvenate, and renew my mind so that I can sleep better and smash the next day.
The following may work for you, may not, but I have not only researched, but put together my own ideas to cultivate building-blocks of self-care. This is not just something you try and do once and then just forget and get on with a busy hectic eventful life. You need to do these things consistently if you want to have a healthy, mental and physical well-being.
Here are some tips to go by that I think will benefit you in the long haul if you’re a busy person, (Mum, Wife, Entrepeneur, Business Woman, Full-time worker):
1. Listen to classical music or any easy listening (evening) type of music!
I recommend Jackie Evancho, Andre Rieu’, Kathleen Battle, Greta Bradman, Katherine Jenkins and composers like Bach, Tchaikovsky, Mozart and Beethoven. I trained as a classical music pianist for 8 years, so classical music is my escape. That’s why I basically put it as number One! But if you don’t particularly like classical music, whatever kind of music you think is relaxing for you!
4. Breathe – Sit on your bed (or even lay) and concentrate on your breathing. Inhale and exhale slowly, feeling and making sure you are relaxed.
5. Try a different kind of tea – Opt for herbal green, or chamomile tea is also known as a relaxant.
6. Another idea is to just lie on your bed for five minutes and close your eyes. Not necessarily taking a nap, although a power snooze for 5 minutes is excellent! I just think lying there and closing your eyes is a time to renew.
7. Organise a Girls Getaway to escape, relax and indulge……
8. Create your own aromatherapy without the expensive candles with Little Finch Candle and Co.
Some oils to use can be the Aromachologie Relaxing Essential Oil Blend which is only $25 through L’Occitane which is a great lavender oil to soothe yourself and create a healthier you. For some more ideas on oils visit my Doterra Party page and get an idea of what oils would be your favourite or type.
9. Make a cup of tea and pull out a chick flick! Something like “The other woman” with Cameron Diaz is a laugh! Or “How to lose a guy in 10 days” even if you’ve watched it 100 times like me! To me it is a classic! And will always be a favourite!
10. Be selfish. Not in the wrong way, but do that one thing today just because it makes you happy. If there’s something you’ve always wanted to do and something stopped you from pursuing it, I say, GO FOR IT! If you have that gut instinct feeling about pursuing a career, going in a different direction in life, changing courses, then, one thing I always have believed is “Trust your gut!!!!!!”
I am a firm believer in self-care, and am learning new and more ideas from other bloggers who love to post things similar.
Another idea is to have an early nights sleep. That’s always been a top tip!
Priceline has a fantastic product from Essano which is a Rosehip Certified Organic Mist Toner which is enriched with Kakadu Plum and Green Tea. I only got it for $10.39.
Tonight I sprayed it on after putting on my night cream and it is just soooo soothing and refreshing. I feel it doing wonders! It’s more of a day spray to hydrate your skin but it’s still nice to spray on before bedtime.
This time I am doing a giveaway. If you comment your favourite tip and why, you will receive this delicious story of a book!